Pig bristles, mainly refers to the bristles of more than 5 cm growing on the neck and back of the pig, commonly known as pig hair. Refers to the general term for the bristles of pigs that have been processed to be suitable for brush making
According to the processing methods of the products, it is mainly divided into four categories: original bristles, dyed bristles, bleached bristles and boiled bristles.
The physical properties of bristle: rigid and tough, strong elasticity, not easy to deform, resistant to humidity, high temperature, not affected by cold and heat, and also has the effect of eliminating static electricity, so it has always been one of the main raw materials for making brushes.
High-quality bristles require consistent and lustrous color, not deep and elastic fork tips, thick and strong roots, and no yellow or other colors at the tips.
Quality standard of black bristle:
The color is pure black and shiny; no yellow hair tip; hair root is thick; the fork tip is not deep; no miscellaneous hair; no moisture; no flesh skin, ash and other impurities
Quality standard of white bristle:
No yellow or black; less oily hair; other quality standards with black bristles.
1.The bristles are natural raw materials and do not contain any substances harmful to the human body;
2.The surface of the bristles is covered with scales and the tip is naturally split, which is suitable for use as a paint brush head material;
3. The bristles are tough and elastic, with high tensile force, resistant to deformation and not easy to break;
4. The bristles have a long history and heritage of brush making, and are widely accepted by the public;
5. Wild boar bristles are traditional high-end handicraft materials;
The brush made of high-quality bristles has the characteristics of large paint content, good elasticity, and can evenly spit out paint, so that the paint surface has a uniform thickness, it is not easy to leave brush marks on the painted surface, and it is durable.
Disadvantages of bristle：
- With the change of industrial society, urbanization and living habits, the number of domestic pig breeding in the folk has decreased, the bristle materials suitable for brush materials have decreased year by year, and the quality has also declined sharply.
- High-quality, high-quality bristle market prices are high and the supply is scarce;
- With the decrease of the paint market share due to environmental protection requirements, compared with the requirements of water-based paint products for brush materials, the bristle diameter is relatively thick, the hardness is relatively high, and the brushing texture is too rough;
- The color of the mane is relatively monotonous, which is not suitable for young customers' requirements for high appearance;
- Mildew will occur under humid conditions, resulting in a musty smell;
- As a general brush-making material, the cost disadvantage is becoming more and more prominent;
- Many physical properties of nylon silk and chemical fiber yarn obtained by chemical methods can reach and surpass bristles through modification.
Features of Synthetic Filaments
Nylon is divided into various specifications and materials：PE\PB\PET\PBT\PA612\PA610
When used as a brush wire material, straight wire, corrugated wire, hollow wire, special-shaped wire, etc. appeared in the drawing process, and imitation bristles, sharpening, modification and bristle mixing processes appeared in application.
Brushes made of yarns made of nylon or textured fibers are called elastic brushes because the yarns have a good stretch function.This brush is usually used in exterior wall and interior decoration work, and it is a relatively unique paint brushing aid.
It is low cost, easy to obtain, and rich in change. It can flexibly adjust the wire diameter, soft and hard, and shape according to the needs to meet different use requirements, and is more flexible and changeable.
Advantages of Synthetic Filaments：
- It is suitable for mass production, the output increases, the cost decreases, and it is suitable for large-scale production;
- Rich colors, to meet the aesthetic requirements of modern people for high-value products;
- It is less affected by the natural environment and the material cost is stable;
- Thickness, slenderness, length, internal components, and physical and chemical properties can be achieved through technological means, and can be continuously optimized and improved;
- The overall shape of the brush, the appearance design is more plastic